WinTV Windows driver and WinTV Apps download
WinTV application and driver download package
WinTV v7 installation package, version 5.9g
For Windows XP SP2
File name: cd-analogue-pci-59g.exe
File size: 18.2MB
This download is a complete installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus the WinTV application and utilities.
Step 1 - Extract the drivers/software
Step 2 - Previous software removal
- Browse to the folder you just extracted to (e.g. through My Computer) and locate a file called hcwclear.exe.
- Run it and choose the options Remove All WinTV Drivers and Applications (Total Removal) and Search All .INF Files for Conflicting Hardware.
- Note: wait until the black box has disappeared of its own accord before proceeding.
Step 3 - Reboot
- Please shutdown and reboot your PC.
- IMPORTANT! Once rebooted, please do not cancel any 'Found new hardware' wizards and also ensure that the original driver CD is NOT in the CD drive.
- After Windows reboots, you will see some New Hardware Found prompts. For each one, please choose the following options:
- On the first page, you will be asked if you want to choose to search Windows Update for drivers. Select 'No, not this time' and click next.
- On the next page select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' and click next.
- On the next page you will be asked 'Please choose your search and installation options'. Select 'Search for driver in these locations' and then Specify the extracted folder (the folder you extracted in step 1 Note: If there is a drivers folder available under the extracted directory select that)
- Keep clicking Next for the rest of the steps then Finish to end the wizard
- Depending on the product, you may see several New Hardware Found wizards. Follow the same steps for each.
- Run Setup.exe from the extracted folder (from Step 1) you will be presented with a list of things to install, leave all the default settings and click install.
- Once the installation is complete you should now have a WinTV2000 icon on your desktop.
Step 4 - New Driver Installation
Step 5 - WinTV2000 Installation
WinTV WDM driver for 878 based boards
WDM driver for use under WindowsXP, Windows98SE, WindowsMe and Windows2000.
Note: Use the latest WinTV2000 application with this driver
Note: This driver will work with all WinTV PCI boards, except for the WinTV-D, WinTV-HD and WinTV-PVR.
To install, download to a temporary directory and run WDM3.49. Halfway through the installation you will be asked to reboot. Do so to complete the installation.
Updated: January 2,5 2006
Linux drivers, applications and LinuxTV
The Linux driver for the WinTV card is now part of the Linux kernel (version 2.2 and newer).
The LinuxTV web site is at www.linuxtv.org/
To see some notes from a Linux user on his WinTV installation, click here.
What operating systems can the WinTV Impact VCB PCI card be installed under?
The WinTV PCI boards will function on Windows95, Windows98, Windows ME, WindowsNT 4.0 (service pack 3 or higher), Windows 2000, and Windows XP systems.
3rd party Developers have also written WinTV-pci drivers for both LINUX, and the BeOS. These drivers, information, and their support may be found on their respective websites.
Connecting a SATELLITE / DSS / CABLE BOX to WinTV
Causes for System Lockups
Black Screen in WinTV
If you experience a black screen, but hear audio when running the WinTV software, try setting the Primary application (start/programs/Hauppauge WinTV/Primary) to “DIB DRAW” mode, and re-open WinTV to correct the problem.
If the problem continues, updating the VGA drivers for the graphics chipset in the system is recommended.
"Data invalid" error when trying to install drivers
If you are receiving this error under WindowsXP, please refer to this document: Data invalid WinXP
If you are receiving this error under Windows2000, please refer to this document: Data invalid Win2000
Setting up channels for Broadcast TV and External inputs
To Add a Composite channel / External input in the Channel Configuration, click on...
I want to save my channel library when I reinstall the software
Garbled video image when recording
“Failed to Create TV Window” error when attempting to run WinTV2000
Uninstalling WinTV Software
Prodinfo: get information on your Hauppauge TV tuner
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWClear: remove the Hauppauge driver and applications from your PC
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the WinTV program.