WinTV Windows driver and WinTV Apps download
WinTV application and driver download package
WinTV v7 installation package, version 5.9g
For Windows XP SP2
File name: cd-analogue-pci-59g.exe
File size: 18.2MB
This download is a complete installation package, including drivers for supported WinTV products plus the WinTV application and utilities.
Step 1 - Extract the drivers/software
Step 2 - Previous software removal
- Browse to the folder you just extracted to (e.g. through My Computer) and locate a file called hcwclear.exe.
- Run it and choose the options Remove All WinTV Drivers and Applications (Total Removal) and Search All .INF Files for Conflicting Hardware.
- Note: wait until the black box has disappeared of its own accord before proceeding.
Step 3 - Reboot
- Please shutdown and reboot your PC.
- IMPORTANT! Once rebooted, please do not cancel any 'Found new hardware' wizards and also ensure that the original driver CD is NOT in the CD drive.
- After Windows reboots, you will see some New Hardware Found prompts. For each one, please choose the following options:
- On the first page, you will be asked if you want to choose to search Windows Update for drivers. Select 'No, not this time' and click next.
- On the next page select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' and click next.
- On the next page you will be asked 'Please choose your search and installation options'. Select 'Search for driver in these locations' and then Specify the extracted folder (the folder you extracted in step 1 Note: If there is a drivers folder available under the extracted directory select that)
- Keep clicking Next for the rest of the steps then Finish to end the wizard
- Depending on the product, you may see several New Hardware Found wizards. Follow the same steps for each.
- Run Setup.exe from the extracted folder (from Step 1) you will be presented with a list of things to install, leave all the default settings and click install.
- Once the installation is complete you should now have a WinTV2000 icon on your desktop.
Step 4 - New Driver Installation
Step 5 - WinTV2000 Installation
WinTV Radio application for use with WinTV version 6
- this application runs with WinTV version 6 on WinTV boards equipped with FM radio
- WinTV v7 has a built-in FM radio application
To install, download to a temporary directory and run RADIO32.EXE
New features include 30 presets and local/distance reception. Also, name radio stations by creating a preset and then clicking on the freq display and typing in the string you want.
Click here to see instructions on using the new WinTV Radio32 application.
Size: 340 KB
Updated: June 3, 2008
IR Remote control application
Remote control applet. After you run this applet, an icon will appear in your Windows device tray showing that the Hauppauge remote control is active..
Updated: Oct/ 7 /2010
IR Blaster setup program
New configuration program for the IR Blaster (transmitter).
New: expanded set top box list. Now includes an additional 50 set top boxes, for both cable TV and satellite boxes, including Motorola and Scientific Atlanta cable boxes.
To install, run this program. After installation, you will see IR Blaster Configuration in the "Hauppauge WinTV " group. Run this program.
For the latest instructions on installing the IR Blaster, click here.
Updated: October 2, 2007
TV Scheduler version 21_23054.exe
This version allows 'background recording' on dual tuner WinTV products.
This version also supports Hauppauges' Wing, for creating iPod and Sony PSP videos from your standard definition MPEG-2 recordings (note: Wing requires the purchase of a license. For more information, go to http://www.hauppauge.com/site/wing/).
Updated: February 23, 2005
WinTV OCX developers kit version 2.0
Develop your own application which uses the WinTV to display or capture video images with our OCX toolkit!
Note: this file includes functions such as video region selection, source, etc. It contains an ActiveX TV control, plus VB, C++, and Web page examples, and requires VB6 Runtime be installed on your machine.
Updated: Aug. 16, 2001
Audio Recorder for WinTV
Use the WinTV to create Wave or MP3 files from the TV shows you are watching or from FM radio you are listening to (on WinTV models equiped with FM radio).
This is a free demo version. The unlimited use version is sold on our WebStore for $9.95
Note: the WinTV Audio Recorder requires a WinTV board or a WinTV-USB to be installed in your PC to operate.
None at this time.
3rd Party Applications
Hauppauge uses parts of the Descaler technology in our latest WDM drivers to provide a better TV picture from our WinTV PCI boards. We are grateful to the DScaler team for providing us with their de-interlacing routines.
You can get a fully functioning open-source DScaler application which aims to supply the best possible picture from your Hauppauge WinTV PCI board. At this time DScaler does not fully support the onboard tuners of our cards but works extremely well if you are using external sources such as laserdisc or DSS.
Note: This application is not recommended for PC novices. See the DScaler website (www.dscaler.org) for more details and to download DScaler.
SageTV: Intelligent PVR Software : SageTV is personal video recording software with an integrated EPG for use with your WinTV-PVR-150 or WinTV-PVR-500. With SageTV, you can pause live TV, rewind and fast forward, and conveniently record your shows. SageTV also provides an Integrated Programming Guide with no subscription fees listing all upcoming programs for the next 14 days based on your cable or satellite provider. SageTV is the only PVR application for the PC that introduces Intelligent Recording and Scheduling based on your past viewing habits. SageTV interacts with your WinTV-PVR to provide you with the ultimate 24/7 PVR application for your PC. SageTV also support the use of multiple WinTV-PVR's, recording multiple channels at once!
SnapStream Beyond TV™ 4 : "Proving that a PC can rival TIVO" !
- Supports the latest Hauppauge TV tuners: Supports the WinTV-PVR-150, WinTV-PVR-150MCE and dual tuner WinTV-PVR-500 with remote control and more.
- Record more than one show at the same time or watch one while recording another with multi-tuner support
- Record an entire TV series Record one show, every episodes, or only new episodes of your favorite show
- Enjoy the full screen interface Choose shows and setup recordings from the comfort of your couch
- Easily find shows using the integrated Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Record and watch HDTV shows with over-the-air HD support on the WinTV-HVR-950
- Skip commercials with SmartSkip™
- Find shows faster with the new browse by category feature, or search by title or keyword
- No subscription fees
- Schedule recordings away from home via the Internet or a web-ready phone
- Download FREE 21-day trial today!
Linux drivers, applications and LinuxTV
The Linux driver for the WinTV card is now part of the Linux kernel (version 2.2 and newer).
The LinuxTV web site is at www.linuxtv.org/
To see some notes from a Linux user on his WinTV installation, click here.
New Linux developments on the bttv driver for the WinTV can be found here
To use teletext under Linux, use Martin Buck's VideoText for Linux
FreeBSD / NetBSD / OpenBSD / BSDi Driver and Applications
The driver for the WinTV card is part of the FreeBSD kernel. It has also been ported to OpenBSD, NetBSD and BSDi operating systems.
The latest driver and install instructions can be found at:
and is maintained by Roger Hardiman.
The FreeBSD Ports Collection also includes the following programs for the WinTV which can also be installed as binary packages with the sysinstall program.
FXTV A TV Tuner and video capture program
xmradio A Radio tuner for cards with FM Radio
VideoteXt Martin Buck's VideoteXt Teletext program
AleVT Edgar Toernig's Teletext program
BeOS support for the WinTV
BeOS now ships with production-quality Hauppauge WinTV drivers.
WinTV QuickInstall Guide for 878 based WinTV boards
IR RemoteBlaster QuickInstall Guide
What operating systems can the WinTV PCI card be installed under?
The WinTV PCI boards will function on Windows95, Windows98, Windows ME, WindowsNT 4.0 (service pack 3 or higher), Windows 2000, and Windows XP systems.
3rd party Developers have also written WinTV-pci drivers for both LINUX, and the BeOS. These drivers, information, and their support may be found on their respective websites.
Connecting a SATELLITE / DSS / CABLE BOX to WinTV
There is no Audio from the WinTV
First, be sure that the supplied audio cable is connected from the WinTV card to the Sound Cards LINE-IN.
NOTE: On systems that do not have an actual "line in", substitute "Auxiliary"(AUX), or "Microphone"(Mic) for the configuration procedures below.
In the WinTV 2000 Application, click the AUD button for the audio configuration dialogue (or configure/audio in WinTV32), be sure that the MIXER-ID list shows "Line-in", and that the volume is up.
Also, in the sound card volume configuration (under PROGRAMS- ACCESSORIES-ENTERTAINMENT-VOLUME CONTROL), be sure that the LINE-IN section is not on MUTE (as it commonly is on default) and that the volume is up.
If all of this is done, and there is still no AUDIO from the WIN/TV card, try connecting your PC speakers(powered speakers only) or a set of headphones directly to the WIN/TV board. You should get audio (although low) this way. If you do- there would be a problem with the sound card configuration or a hardware problem with the LINE-IN. If you do not get audio directly from the WinTV card, it would unfortunately indicate a faulty audio circuit on the WinTV, and therefore would require the board to be replaced.
Causes for System Lockups
Black Screen in WinTV
If you experience a black screen, but hear audio when running the WinTV software, try setting the Primary application (start/programs/Hauppauge WinTV/Primary) to “DIB DRAW” mode, and re-open WinTV to correct the problem.
If the problem continues, updating the VGA drivers for the graphics chipset in the system is recommended.
"Data invalid" error when trying to install drivers
If you are receiving this error under WindowsXP, please refer to this document: Data invalid WinXP
If you are receiving this error under Windows2000, please refer to this document: Data invalid Win2000
Setting up channels for Broadcast TV and External inputs
To Add a Composite channel / External input in the Channel Configuration, click on...
I want to save my channel library when I reinstall the software
Enabling Closed Captioning using the WinTV2000 application
NOTE: Your VGA card MUST support OVERLAY in order to get the Closed Captioning information.
Make sure that the WinTV is running in Overlay mode before using the Closed Captions. To do this, shut the WinTV off. Then open the Primary program by going to Start - Programs - Hauppauge WinTV - Primary. In here make sure the "Allow Overlay" option has been selected. Then close the applet.
In the WinTV2000 application you can access the Closed Captioning through the CC button on the main TV window or in the Remote Applet that is part of the WinTV program. Click on the RC button on the bottom right-hand side of the WinTV window. This will open the Remote Applet and then you can click on the CC button for the Closed captioning.
The Audio is not recorded when I capture video
If you do not record the Audio when you are capturing Video Clips, you want to make sure that the sound card's Line In mixer is setup to Record audio. Sometimes they are set for Playback only. To Check this, click on Start - Accessories - Entertainment (or Multimedia), in the Windows Volume Control, go to Options then Properties. In here click on the Recording Bullet. Below you should see the Mixers that are set to record make sure that the Line In is checked and click on OK. Then make sure that it is not muted. Try to record some audio through the Line In jack using Windows' Sound Recorder. This program is found in the Multimedia group.
If you can record audio using the Sound Recorder, then you should be able to capture audio with the capture program.
Garbled video image when recording
“Failed to Create TV Window” error when attempting to run WinTV2000
Uninstalling WinTV Software
Prodinfo: get information on your Hauppauge TV tuner
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWClear: remove the Hauppauge driver and applications from your PC
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the WinTV program.