WinTV v8 application
Click the below link to get the latest WinTV v8.5 application and TV tuner driver download package
Size: 9.9 MB
To install the latest Windows driver only:
Leave your WinTV-HVR plugged into your PC. Follow the following steps:
- Download the Windows driver above.
- Double click the downloaded driver. This will install the WinTV-HVR-19xx Windows driver.
- At the completion of the driver install, you should see a message which says Drivers have been updated successfully.
- At this point, the Windows driver will be installed.
Note to Windows Media Center users:If you want to use WinTV-HVR-195x to watch and record analog cable TV with Microsoft's Media Center application, do the following:
When you run Media Center, go to Tasks / Settings / TV / Set Up TV signal
At 'Set Up your TV signal', click Next
At "Regional settings', make sure your region is correct and click Next
At 'Download TV options', click Next.
At "TV Signal', click 'I will configure my TV signal manually' and click Next
You will then see: Cable / Satellite / Antenna. Chose the source of your TV signal (Cable for use with analog cable TV) and click Next.
Click through the rest of the settings, set up your Guide listings and click Finish. Then return to the main menu.
Go to TV + Movies and then live TV to watch and record TV.
Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center
Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar.
Windows Media Center remote control receiver/blaster configuration utility
Use this utility to enable or disable the built-in IR receiver/blaster hardware on the WinTV-HVR-1900 for use with Windows Media Center. You would disable the built-in IR receiver/blaster if you are using an external USB attached Windows Media Center remote control.
To use this tool:
- Download and install the Hcwcirconfig tool
- After installing the Hcwcirconfig tool, run the program. The tool will be located in Start / All Programs / Hauppauge WinTV / HCWCIRConfig Tool
- To configure as a Windows Media Center remote control, put a check in the box labeled Hauppauge Consumer Infrared Receiver click OK – Save Changes.
- Your computer must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Bug fixes for the Windows Media Center "Low bit rate" error message
Microsoft has released Windows Media Center patches for the "Low bit rate" error message.
Click to view the information from Microsoft.
None at this time.
Linux for the WinTV-HVR-1900 or 19xx
Linux for the WinTV-HVR-1900 and WinTV HVR-19xx
For the Linux driver, please send an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Linux for the WinTV-HVR-1950
3rd Party Applications
Is a free Personal Video Recorder (PVR) and Media Centre application for Microsoft Windows.
SnapStream Beyond TV™ 4 : "Proving that a PC can rival TIVO" !
- Supports the latest Hauppauge TV tuners.
- Record more than one show at the same time or watch one while recording another with multi-tuner support
- Record an entire TV series Record one show, every episodes, or only new episodes of your favorite show
- Enjoy the full screen interface Choose shows and setup recordings from the comfort of your couch
- Easily find shows using the integrated Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Record and watch HDTV shows with over-the-air HD support on the WinTV-HVR-1250
- Skip commercials with SmartSkip™
- Find shows faster with the new browse by category feature, or search by title or keyword
- No subscription fees
- Schedule recordings away from home via the Internet or a web-ready phone
- Download FREE 21-day trial today
WinTV-HVR-1900 installation guides
WinTV-HVR-1900 QuickInstall version 3
Updated: December 2010
Prodinfo.exe is a program you can run which will extract information about the WinTV product you have installed such as model and serial number, MAC address, revision, and features which can be used to identify the exact model of your product. The driver for the device must be installed in order to run Prodinfo.exe
HCWCLEAR.exe is a program you run to remove all driver and files that were installed with the installation of the Wintv program.