WinTV v8: The new TV application from Hauppauge
WinTV v8 features:
- A new user interface for Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Watch, pause, record and playback TV from Hauppauge TV tuners
- Closed captions and Parental control (North America)
- New layout with better controls for live TV pause and playback
- Integrated TV recording scheduler
- Multiple tuner support: Picture-in-picture, record multiple TV programs or multiple WinTV windows
- Logical channel numbers (Europe)
- Signal strength monitor for digital TV channels
WinTV v8 currently supports the following TV tuner products:
All WinTV-HVR digital TV tuners (such as the WinTV-HVR-955Q, the WinTV-HVR-2205 and HVR-2255, etc.), plus the WinTV-NOVA and WinTV-MiniStick products in Europe and Asia.
HD PVR, HD PVR 2 and Colossus are now supported with WinTV v8, plus the WinTV-DCR-2650 nows support WinTV v8 for all cable TV channels marked "copy freely".
Note: a WinTV v8 Activation Code will be required to install WinTV v8.5
If you do not have an Activation Code , but you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can install the WinTV v8 application (look in the WinTV 8 Download tab).
If you do not have either an Activation Code or your original WinTV v7 CD-ROM, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 Activation Code and CD-ROM on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95 This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.5
WinTV v8 Download
A valid WinTV v8 or WinTV v7 application CD-ROM or a WinTV v8 installation code will be needed to install this WinTV v8 version. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to WinTV v8, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 CD on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.
If you have a WinTV v8 or WinTV v7.2 CD-ROM with Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8 with Extend will also be installed.