WinTV v8: The new TV application from Hauppauge
WinTV v8 features:
- A new user interface for Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Watch, pause, record and playback TV from Hauppauge TV tuners
- Closed captions and Parental control (North America)
- New layout with better controls for live TV pause and playback
- Integrated TV recording scheduler
- Multiple tuner support: Picture-in-picture, record multiple TV programs or multiple WinTV windows
- Logical channel numbers (Europe)
- Signal strength monitor for digital TV channels
WinTV v8 currently supports the following TV tuner products:
All WinTV-HVR digital TV tuners (such as the WinTV-HVR-955Q, the WinTV-HVR-2205 and HVR-2255, etc.), plus the WinTV-NOVA and WinTV-MiniStick products in Europe and Asia.
HD PVR, HD PVR 2 and Colossus are now supported with WinTV v8, plus the WinTV-DCR-2650 nows support WinTV v8 for all cable TV channels marked "copy freely".
Note: a WinTV v8 Activation Code will be required to install WinTV v8.5
If you do not have an Activation Code , but you have a WinTV v7 CD, you can install the WinTV v8 application (look in the WinTV 8 Download tab).
If you do not have either an Activation Code or your original WinTV v7 CD-ROM, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 Activation Code and CD-ROM on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95 This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.5
WinTV v8 Download
A valid WinTV v8 or WinTV v7 application CD-ROM or a WinTV v8 installation code will be needed to install this WinTV v8 version. If you do not have your original WinTV CD-ROM but would like to update to WinTV v8, you can purchase a new WinTV v8 CD on the Hauppauge webstore for $9.95. This can then be used to activate WinTV v8.
If you have a WinTV v8 or WinTV v7.2 CD-ROM with Extend, the latest version of WinTV v8 with Extend will also be installed.
WinTV v8 application and TV tuner driver download package
WinTV v8.5 installer
For Windows 10, 8, and 7