Watch live TV on your PC
- Watch, pause and record analog and HDTV channels on your PC, at up to 1080i resolution. Receives Dolby Digital audio too.
- Watch Analog TV and Clear QAM Digital TV by connecting to Cable TV.
- Watch ATSC HDTV by connecting to a TV antenna.
- Watch TV full screen or in a window.
- Remote control included.
Record your favorite TV programs
- Record analog or digital TV shows to your computer’s hard drive with one click.
- Use WinTV-Scheduler as a personal video recorder to record your TV shows automatically.
Supports the following TV formats:
NTSC / PAL Analog TV, ATSC Digital TV and Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Combination analog\digital TV tuner on board: a 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner plus HDTV tuner for clear QAM and ATSC TV reception.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8,8.1, 7, Windows Vista ,Windows XP with SP3, and Windows Media Center.
NTSC / PAL is the analog cable TV standard.
ATSC is the over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception.
Clear QAM digital cable allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from their cable TV provider without a set-top box.
Analog TV recordings typically consume 1.5GB of disk space per hour using Hauppauge’s SoftPVR for Windows XP and Media Center. High Definition TV recordings typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour.
- For analog cable TV reception, you need an analog cable TV connection. If you have a digital cable set-top box or a satellite box, the WinTV-HVR-1265 can connect via either channel 3, Composite or S-Video inputs.
- For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high-gain antenna is recommended. To check the ATSC TV broadcasts in your area, go to TitanTV.com or Antennaweb.org and enter your postal code.
Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV.
- Clear QAM digital cable TV is not available with all cable TV operators in the U.S. Please check with your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAM.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1265 for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders.
Note: the enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace the Media Center remote control.
- To watch clear QAM channels, you should use either the Hauppauge WinTV v6 or v7 or v8 application or Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or 8.
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
- The WinTV-HVR-1265 is AQ certified for use with the Windows 7 Media Center application.
Watch, pause and record HDTV or analog TV on your desktop PC
Plugs into any PCI Express slot, full height or half height.
Includes remote control.
- TV Standards:
- NTSC / PAL Analog Cable, Over the Air TV
- ATSC Digital Over the Air HDTV
- Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Plugs into:
- PCI Express X1 or X16 slot
- Receive ATSC digital TV or Clear QAM digital cable TV, up to 1080i format
- Receive NTSC / PAL analog cable TV with the built-in 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner
- Includes WinTV v7: watch, pause and record TV on your PC, in window or full screen. Record digital TV in the original HD quality. Uses Hauppauge’s SoftPVR to record analog TV programs to your computer’s disk drive
- Schedule TV recordings with WinTV application's built-n TV scheduler software
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 and Windows XP with SP3.
model 01196: WinTV-HVR-1265 with NTSC/PAL/ATSC/QAM support, Hauppauge remote control and English manual
Included in the WinTV-HVR-1265 model 01196
- WinTV-HVR-1265 PCI Express bus TV tuner
- Hauppauge remote control Including batteries
- Remote Control Receiver Cable
- WinTV software installation CD-ROM
- Quick Installation Guide
- Full height and half height brackets included for use in full height and low profile chassis
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
- 2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
Also for Windows Media Center application.
- Available PCI Express X1 or X16 slot
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- The Media Center products from Hauppauge do not include an MPEG video decoder. If you have a Media Center PC using Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Media Center Edition, it has come with a Microsoft certified MPEG decoder pre-installed. If you are building a Windows Media Center PC, please check with Microsoft for a list of certified MPEG decoders. YOU WILL NEED A MICROSOFT CERTIFIED MEDIA CENTER DECODER TO WATCH TV!
- Windows Media Center from Windows 7 or TV Pack 2008 required for QAM reception.. Clear QAM is not available in all areas. Please contact your local cable TV operator for the availability of clear QAMcable TV.
WinTV-HVR-1250 QuickInstall Guides
WinTV-HVR-1250 QuickInstall version 1.2
Updated: January 25, 2008
WinTV version 6 users manual
WinTV version 6 users manual
Updated: October 15, 2007